Hog River Brewing Company is growing and we’re looking for a passionate, driven and eager brewing professional to join our expanding team.
We are looking to fill our new Assistant Brewer role at our brewery/taproom located in the Parkville neighborhood in Hartford, CT. Our ideal candidate has experience in a production brewery and is familiar with cellar AND brewhouse procedures. Specific responsibilities are below, but above all we are looking for someone who is extremely passionate, works well with our growing team, maintains a great attitude and cares deeply about the quality of beer they will be helping to produce. This position will also require the candidate to regularly work late and early shifts and be directly supervised by the Owner/Head Brewer.
Responsibilities: While the candidate will focus on the responsibilities listed below, all brewers and cellar personnel are expected to be familiar with all operations in the brewery.
- Wort production: Organize, stage, mill, mash, sparge, boil, pump, cool, and heat. Instrument readings and proper record keeping. Also complete brewhouse CIP, parts COP, and proper sanitation.
- Cellar work: Work with Head Brewer to organize, then work independently to complete beer transfers, dry-hopping, fining, yeast harvesting and management, kegging and racking. Keep proper records within our system, taxed beer volumes and charting. Also, complete tank CIPs, parts COPs and sanitation.
- Packaging: Canning, labeling, keg cleaning, keg filling and record keeping.
- Inventory: Safely receive raw materials and chemicals, rotate, stock and organize while keeping working inventory and records.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Safely inspect and perform preventative maintenance and repairs when required on all equipment in the cellar and brewery. At minimum be able to understand the operational components of all of the equipment and diagnose and report a problem when it arises.
Other Expectations and Physical Requirements:
Safely lift 55 pounds overhead, climb stairs, ramps and ladders. Safely stoop, kneel, crouch and or crawl. Safely work in cold, warm, hot environments within the same shift. Participate in blind tasting panel and CCP tasting throughout in-process production. Twist tri-clamps to satisfactory tightness and maneuver full kegs. Occasionally participate in beer festivals, social events, beer dinners, beer tours, and other beer related events while interacting with the public. Expect to participate and implement new process and technologies.
Experience Requirements: At least 1 year experience in a brewery as a brewer. Some formal brewing education preferred.
Please, serious inquiries only. Please supply a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.